Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Night

I like to put a little extra effort into weekend night dinners. Sometimes it's nice to make something and then eat it right then and there. Food seems to stay warmer when it comes off the stove versus out of a microwave. This wasn't involved at all, but it certainly came at the expense of some histo studying...
  • A couple of mackerel filets, frozen fresh a couple of months ago (I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my fish stores run out), pan-fried in beef tallow and semi-crusted in kelp seasoning
  • Mustard greens (I got for free at the farmers' market!) steamed with coconut aminos and coconut oil
  • Carrots bake/steamed with Digestive Ghee

I like to save fish for the weekend when I have time to cook, since leftover fish isn't something to get excited about (although canned fish sneaks in a couple times a week for lunch).

No comments:

Post a Comment