Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Step Three


                        
The last part of the preparation involves the same kind of cathartic you would use for a colonoscopy. Fun stuff. I took something called Moviprep -- one dose Saturday night and one Sunday morning. It wasn't actually as bad as I remembered it. I've done these a few times now, and knowing what was coming made that first sip really hard (relatively, they're all pretty unpleasant). But having come off the miserable experience that was colon hydrotherapy, this was much easier.  There's actually little cramping involved, which I'd forgotten. 


So, I've since arrived in England. With the travel I had to basically skip a whole night  of sleep, which wrecks me way more than it used to. The goal while we're here is to get lots of sleep, so hopefully my new friends will help me catch up. 

I can't say I'm feeling particularly nervous or even excited, which sounds silly but I feel like it's been a while since I've experienced strong emotions, so who knows. I'm mostly nervous about my colon not being clean enough or about them sending me away because I'm too healthy for this (which is ridiculous since I've spent the first hour of being awake here choking on my post nasal drip and sneezing nonstop, among other reasons, like the rest of my life up until this point).  I guess the lack of excitement also has to do with the very gradual rate of improvement afterwards. And of course, I'm also nervous that the bug thing isn't my biggest problem (though it certainly is a bigger problem after this prep). What if I'd get the most benefit from working with a psychiatrist extensively for the next ten years or it really is a cellular/mitochondrial disease like my latest doctor's latest hypothesis? I know that wouldn't make this a waste, but will it be worth it? 

My home for the next two weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment