Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lamb Shoulder Roast

I'm getting pretty ambitious now that it's the end of the semester, so the other night I made this recipe (just the lamb part) with a US Wellness Meats lamb shoulder that had been in my freezer for who knows how long.

I was a little short on fresh rosemary (my herbs took a hit when I moved them back outside, but they're rallying), but it turned out ok. I still tossed in the carrots, peas, and red onions with about 1.5 hours to go. 

Green peas! WTF?!
I've been doing some reintroductions lately. I dabbled in LDN and it might have been a coincidence (I was feeling pretty good the day or two before I started), but it really helped my digestion. I'm back off it now but have plans to restart it soon. I just think I worked up to a higher dose too fast and was left with a bad lingering headache (something that hasn't been a problem since middle and high school), so I'm just taking a break until I'm sure it's gone, then I'll start even slower (spending a month at each dose instead of a week). 

The green peas seemed to go over just fine - they were even in my chicken soup a few weeks back. 


I even made some rice!


As utterly amazing as rice cooked in broth and served with butter was (why did this never occur to me or my parents growing up?), that was a little overly ambitious. My digestion took a bit of a hit, but I'll try again one day. 


On an unrelated note, we're not really sure what happened to spring, but we sure are enjoying a non-winter season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment